STACKED SLICES MODEL (UPDATE, SOS)


So off the rip, I laser cut my model and ran into a big issue that I am still trying to resolve currently, the spine/foundations for the model are not the exact size of the cuts outs so it is a bit loose and because the shapes slightly rotate as it goes up, this makes putting it together a whole puzzle. I tried to stack them as high as I could so that I could show off an idea of what it is supposed to look like. 

(I also had to keep the bottom level in the wood so that it would keep it from moving around)

Below is what it looks like behind the scenes of that first photo, accepting suggestions on the best way to go about putting this together lol. There is still 5 more layers that need to be added, as well as the 5 other foundation spine pieces. 



Here is what it's actually supposed to look like:





Here is some video clips of the laser cutting process:











Comments

Popular Posts